What is Artificial Intelligence?May 23, 2019 General
Artificial intelligence (AI) is an integral branch of computer science, concerned with building intelligent machines capable of performing tasks that normally require human intelligence. AI is an interdisciplinary science with multiple focuses, but advances in machine learning and deep learning are creating a paradigm shift in virtually every sector of the technology industry.
Artificial intelligence is a conglomeration of concepts and technologies that mean things that are different for different people – autonomous cars, robots that personify human beings, machine learning and much more – and their applications.
Artificial intelligence systems are critical for companies that They seek to extract data value by automating and optimizing processes or producing actionable insights. Artificial intelligence systems based on machine learning allow companies to take advantage of their large amounts of available data to discover ideas and patterns that would be impossible for anyone to reveal, allowing them to provide more targeted and personalized communications, anticipate critical events and Identify probable fraudulent transactions and much more.
Machine learning is also an essential part of AI. Learning without any supervision requires an ability to identify patterns in input flows, while learning with adequate supervision involves classification and numerical regressions. The classification determines the category to which an object belongs and the regression deals with obtaining a set of numerical examples of input or output, thus discovering functions that allow the generation of appropriate outputs from the respective inputs.
The mathematical analysis of machine learning algorithms and their performance is a well-defined branch of theoretical computer science, often referred to as computational learning theory. The perception of machines deals with the ability to use sensory inputs to deduce the different aspects of the process, the world, while the computational vision is the power to analyze the visual inputs with some sub problems, such as facial recognition of objects and gestures.
AI has been dominant in several fields, such as –
- Games – The AI plays a crucial role in strategic games such as chess, poker, the old game, etc., where the machine can think of a large number of possible positions based on heuristic knowledge.
- Natural Language Processing – It is possible to interact with the computer that understands the natural language spoken by humans.
- Specialized systems – There are some applications that integrate machines, software and special information to convey reasoning and advice.
- Vision Systems – These systems understand, interpret and understand the visual input in the computer. For example,
- An espionage plane takes photographs, which are used to discover spatial information or map of areas.
- Doctors use a specialized clinical system to diagnose the patient.
- The police use computer software that can recognize the face of the criminal with the stored portrait made by a forensic artist.
- Speech Recognition – Some intelligent systems are able to hear and understand language in terms of sentences and their meanings while a human is talking to her.
- Manuscript recognition – The manuscript recognition software reads the text written on the paper by a pencil or on the screen by a pen. Can recognize the shapes of the letters and convert them into editable text.
- Intelligent robots – Robots are capable of performing the tasks given by a human being. They have sensors to detect physical data of the real world, such as light, heat, temperature, movement, sound, impact and pressure. They have efficient processors, multiple sensors and huge memory, to show intelligence. In addition, they are able to learn from their mistakes and can adapt to the new environment.
What are the challenges of using artificial intelligence?
Artificial intelligence is going to change all sectors, but we need to understand its limits. The main limitation of AI is that it learns with the data. There is no other way in which knowledge can be incorporated.
This means that any inaccuracy in the data will be reflected in the results. And any additional layer of forecast or analysis must be added separately. Current AI systems are trained to perform a clearly defined task. The system that plays poker cannot play patience or chess.
The system that detects fraud cannot drive a car or advise it. In fact, an artificial intelligence system that detects fraud in health services can not accurately detect tax fraud or guarantee claim fraud. In other words, these systems are very specialized.
Contributes of AI:
Artificial intelligence is a science and technology based on disciplines such as Computer Science, Biology, Psychology, Linguistics, Mathematics and Engineering, which focus on a single task and are far from behaving like human beings. A great impulse of AI is in the development of computational functions associated with human intelligence, such as reasoning, learning and problem solving.