Best Solaris Training in Chennai
Our Solaris Course syllabus is enough for anyone who wants to get Solaris® certification which meets industry expectations. In our course plan, you will learn introduction,boot procedures,startup and shutdown procedures,service management facility,installing the solaris operating system,software package administration,managing processes,maintenance of patches,disk management,file system management,zfs,file security and acls,user management,backup and recovery,managing the print environment,naming services,nfs/cache fs,automount,solaris volume manager (svm),managing swap space,jumpstart,live upgrade overview,dump file configuration,syslog,role-based access control (rbac),zones with practical exercises and live examples.
In the last six months timeframe we are completed Solaris training for more than 85+ students with excellent feedback and placements. We are charging very competitive in the market which helps to bring more Solaris professionals into this market. Our Solaris® training course fee is very nominal which anyone can pay in instalment basis as well. We are having multiple class timings which suit everyone who wants to learn in their own timings. Our Solaris training will be scheduled in regular weekdays and weekends based on the students request. We do have fast track Solaris training and online Solaris training with one-to-one basis. We are giving more Solaris training for corporates which employees of their company will be benefits with our training.
Solaris Training Key Features
Besant Technologies offers Solaris Training in Chennai in more than 9+ branches with expert trainers. Here are the key features,
- 30+ Hours Course Duration
- 100% Job Oriented Training
- Industry Expert Faculties
- Free Demo Class Available
- Completed 500+ Batches
- Certification Guidance
Solaris Training Batch Schedule
Here are the Solaris Training Classes in Chennai Schedule in our branches. If this schedule doesn’t match please let us know. We will try to arrange appropriate timings based on your interest.
Solaris Training Syllabus
Solaris 10 System Administration – Part I
- Introduction to UNIX
- What is Kernel – Shell – File System – Client/Server
- Hardware Requirements – Sparc vs Intel
- Basic Unix commands
- Openboot interface
- Openboot parameters
- Device names and aliases
- Boot Options
- Booting with GRUB
STARTUP AND SHUTDOWN PROCEDURES
- Boot Phases
- System run levels
- inittab file
- Run control scripts
- Adding a run control script
- Disabling a run control script
- The shutdown command
- The init command
- The halt/poweroff commands
- The reboot command
- The stop-a command
SERVICE MANAGEMENT FACILITY
- Basic Features
- The SMF Environment
- SMF and Booting
- SMF Environmental Structures
- Service States
- Managing Services
- Listing Services with svcs and inetadm
- Managing the State of a Service with svcadm
- Configuring a Service with svccfg
- Managing the State of inetd Network Services with inetadm
INSTALLING THE SOLARIS OPERATING SYSTEM
- Installation requirements
- Partitions and multiple disks
- Packages, Clusters and Groups
- Configuration cluster
- Definition of Installation methods
- Interactive Installation Process
SOFTWARE PACKAGE ADMINISTRATION
- Documentation Packages
- Configuration clusters
- Displaying current software package information
- Checking the installation of a package
- Adding software packages
- Removing software packages
- Package logfiles & Troubleshooting tips
- Introduction to Process Management
- The ps command
- The prstat command
- The kill command
- Using the cron processes
- Creating crontab entries
- Crontab command options
- The at command
MAINTENANCE OF PATCHES
- Maintenance of patches and patch clusters
- Verification of currently installed patches
- Installing a patch on the system
- Removing a patch from the system
- Patch logfiles
- Displaying disk information
- Naming conventions
- Physical device names
- Instance name
- Logical device names
- Block and character devices
- Configuring new disk devices
- Partitioning the disk with the format command and Solaris
- Management Console
- Making a new partition
FILE SYSTEM MANAGEMENT
- Disk based file systems
- Main root sub-directories
- Pseudo file systems
- Components of a ufs file system
- Boot block
- Data disk blocks
- Ulimit parameter
- File types
- Symbolic and Hard links
- Creating file systems
- The newfs command
- The mount command
- The umount command
- The vfstab file
- The mnttab file
- Filesystem checking
- Determining if a file system needs checking
- Running fsck manually
- The lost+found directories
- Automounting CDs and floppies (Volume Management)
- Checking free disk space
- The df command
- The quot command
- The du command
- Freeing disk space
- Freeing up disk space with compression utilities
- Rotating files with logadm
- ZFS – A Basic Description
- Main Features
- ZFS Tools
- Managing ZFS Pools with zpool
- Pool Configuration Features
- Creating and Deleting (‘Destroying Pools’)
- Managing File Systems with ZFS
- Creating and Destroying a File System
FILE SECURITY AND ACLS
- ACLs (Access Control Lists)
- The setfacl command
- The getfacl command
- The ACL mask
- User accounts
- Files used in creating a user – the passwd, group and shadow files
- Adding a user
- Changing user details
- Deleting a user
- User group maintenance
- Password administration
- Local Login control
- Remote Login control
- Login logs
- The wall command
- The message of the day
- Controlling the amount of disk space accessible to users using quotas
BACKUP AND RECOVERY
- Backup overview
- Backup and restore utilities overview
- Tape device names
- The mt utility – retentsion, rewind, space forward or backward and status
- The ufsdump and ufsrestore utilities
- ufs snapshots
MANAGING THE PRINT ENVIRONMENT
- The print service
- Print service files
- Printer configuration with lpadmin
- Line printer commands – lpshut, lpsched, accept, reject, enable, disable, lpmove lpusers, lpstat, lp, cancel
Solaris 10 System Administration – Part II
- DNS Server and Client Setup
- NIS Servers and Clients
- Setting up NIS Servers and Clients
- NIS+ Overview
- LDAP Overview and Setting up an LDAP Client
- The Name Service Switch Configuration Files
- Name Service Cache Daemon
- Network File System (NFS)
- NFS Server
- NFS Client
- /etc/dfs/dfstab File
- NFS Client Configuration
- Troubleshooting NFS
- Cache File System (Cachefs)
- Creating a Cache File System
- Adding/Removing Cache File System
- NFS Logging – user access
- Automount Maps
- Registering Changes for Automount
- automount -v
SOLARIS VOLUME MANAGER (SVM)
- Volume Management Operations
- State Database Replicas
- SVM Commands and Files
- Creating State Database Replicas
- Creating a Disk Concatenation
- Creating a Concatenation of two disk slices
- Creating and Managing Mirrors
- Creating File Systems on Volumes
- Deleting a Metadevice
- Dynamically Growing Existing File Systems
MANAGING SWAP SPACE
- Configuring Swap Space
- Adding a Swap File on an Existing File System
- Disabling Swap Space
- Automatic Installation
- Principles of JumpStart
- Server Setup for JumpStart
- Configuring NIS to Support JumpStart
- Configuring Non NIS Server for JumpStart
- Rules File
- Class File
- Check Utility
- Setting up DHCP for Intel clients
- Jumpstart troubleshooting
LIVE UPGRADE OVERVIEW
- Live Upgrade description
- Basic procedures
- lucreate and luupdate commands
- lucativate an lustatus commands
- Live Upgrade Example
DUMP FILE CONFIGURATION
- Dump File Definition
- System Crash Dumps
- Core Dump Configuration
- syslog Configuration
- The M4 Utility
- Editing the syslog.conf File
- Logging Telnet, FTP and other Networking Daemon
- Testing syslogd Logging
ROLE-BASED ACCESS CONTROL (RBAC)
- Traditional Unix Security vs RBAC
- The RBAC Security Model
- Configuring RBAC Examples
- Zone Configuration Settings and Characteristics
- Creating Zones
- Managing the Zone State
- Zone System Processes
Besant Technologies offers 250+ IT training course in more than 20+ branches with 10+ years Experienced Expert level Trainers.
- Fully hands-on training
- 30+ hours course duration
- Industry expert faculties
- Completed 1500+ batches
- 100% job oriented training
- Certification guidance
- Own course materials
- Resume editing
- Interview preparation
- Affordable fees structure
Besant Technologies is the Legend in offering placement to the students. Please visit our Placed Students List on our website.
More than 2000+ students placed in last year. It has a dedicated placement portal which caters to the needs of the students during placements. Besant Technologies conducts development sessions including mock interviews, presentation skills to prepare students to face a challenging interview situation with ease.
- 92% percent placement record.
- 1000+ interviews organized.
Our trainers are more than 10+ years of experience in course relevant technologies. Trainers are expert level and fully up-to-date in the subjects they teach because they continue to spend time working on real-world industry applications. Trainers have experienced on multiple real-time projects in their industries.
- Are working professionals working in multinational companies such as CTS, TCS, HCL Technologies, ZOHO, Birlasoft, IBM, Microsoft, HP, Scope, Philips Technologies, etc…
- Trained more than 2000+ students in a year.
- Strong theoretical & practical knowledge.
- Are certified professionals with high grade. Are well connected with hiring HRs in multinational companies.
No worries. Besant technologies assure that no one misses single lectures topics. We will reschedule the classes as per your convenience within the stipulated course duration with all such possibilities. If required you can even attend that topic with any other batches.
Besant Technologies provides many suitable modes of training to the students like
- Classroom training
- One to One training
- Fast track training
- Customized training
You will receive Besant Technologies globally recognized course completion certification.
Yes, Besant Technologies provides group discounts for its training programs. To get more details, visit our website and contact our support team via Call, Email, Live Chat option or drop a Quick Enquiry. Depending on the group size, we offer discounts as per the terms and conditions.
We accept all major kinds of payment options. Cash, Card (Master, Visa, and Maestro, etc), Net Banking and etc.
Solaris Training Reviews
Recently I have Completed Training in Besant Technologies. My Trainer is Very Good Person, he has very good Knowledge and also Explained all the topics in a practical manner.
Great support and good instructor. I took Training in Besant Technologies and the instructor was really helpful and believed in hands on classes rather than just focussing on the theory. Combined i think if you are looking to get started with any new topic, then this is an excellent place to begin with.
Recently I have completed Training in Besant Technologies. Solving real time examples in classes helped me understand better. thanks to Besant Technologies. Thank you for providing a better experience in learning the course.
The great learning experience with Besant Technologies."Excellent platform to get a headstart on any language. Besant Technologies has an experienced set of trainers who can give you a really good learning experience. Definitely recommend Besant Technologies courses to expand your career options.
"Besant Technologies is committed to training working IT professionals in upgrading their skills. Personally getting benefited with training from Besant Technologies. Besant Technologies has highly experienced trainers who are really supportive and one to one interaction. I personally recommend upgrading your skills which are trending in the market go for Besant Technologies.
The course is very well structured and the trainer has in-depth subject knowledge. The pace of the course is appropriate and all the queries are answered during the course sessions itself. Also, the customer care is very prompt in resolving all your queries. I thank and appreciate the Besant Technologies team’s effort for teaching and sharing knowledge.
"The training sessions were extremely comprehensive and well planned. The course content was focused on industry standards. The course is systematic, easy to follow, and the trainer follows a step-by-step approach, which makes it easier to grasp concepts. I can safely say Besant Technologies is one of the best training institutes.
The best part of Besant Technologies training is they support you for a lifetime. The course was designed by industry experts. The trainer is very good his subject matters. He entertains all questions with patience. The liked the quality material provided to me.. I shall definitely recommend this training platform for my friends.
Besant Technologies is a great start for the beginner as well for the experienced person who wants to get into a Great job. This is my first experience with Besant Technologies and it is awesome. The course content is very good, as compared to any other institute. The faculty is very experienced and skillful.
I have completed my Course in Besant Technologies and it had been a good experience. Syllabus was well structured and detailed. The classes were interactive and we discussed our doubts/thoughts very well. My trainer taught me every details and helped me to improve my programming skills.
I would like to thank this institute Besant Technologies for having every course available to learn in this institute and really good experience from me.
I would first thank Besant Technologies to offer a good packaged learning and certification program. My learning experience is great. The service is quite prompt and representatives are quite helpful. The projects that I worked on were really outstanding.
It was a great learning experience. Besant Technologies course was helped me to gain a competitive edge which is required at the job. Totally value for money. Anyone who is looking for making a career in software development Besant Technologies is the best Choice to make your dream true.
Hi everyone, Besant Technologies training is very useful to me. The support team is good to coordinate to clear doubts. I would strongly recommend Besant Technologies for beginners and intermediate level working professionals.
I enjoy my current experience with Besant Technologies. At the moment I am taking two courses, I learned many interesting things in these two couple of weeks. Also, great customer service 24 hours.
I am really happy with the quality of the courses they provided, within a month I got to know every important thing about knowledge of the course. Thanks to them. They have a great way of teaching with a few bucks of money, which you won’t regret. The pace was just right to complete the course without missing the threads and yet get hand-on experience to practice applications on ready to fly.
SWonderful Learning Experience for Besant Technologies. Great support and a good instructor. got practical exposure to real-world projects. Well supportive expert and support team.
I attended Training in Besant Technologies. Good things about Besant Technologies is the trainer was well qualified and knowledgeable about the subject. And real-time trainers only handle the training sessions.
HI i am Deepan. I completed my AWS Course in Besant Technologies Bangalore Thiruvanmiyur branch. The training is really awesome. The trainer explained all the concepts in detailed manner. It really helpful for my project. Thanks to the trainer and the team of Besant Technologies.
I did selenium course in Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai. The trainers are very helpful to complete my course with full knowledge. He explained all the concepts in different real time examples it really good to understand. Every project is really helpful to understand every concepts. Thanks for the best ever support given by the team of Besant Technologies
Hi i completed my Hadoop course in Thiruvanmiyur. Trainer Mr.Karthick is a excellent trainer. He had good experience in Hadoop. All the concepts explained in both theoretical and practical manner. The doubt clearing session is very helpful to gain deep knowledge in Hadoop. Best hadoop training in Thiruvanmiyur.
I enjoyed the training at Besant Technologies. the instructor was very knowledgeable and helpful. One of the best things I would say from this platform is providing high-quality content with highly skilled and experienced professionals as an instructor for each live course. Thanks to Besant Technologies.
It was a great experience being with Besant Technologies. The well-organized content and detailed explanation in teaching. The Instructor will spend more enough time for us to understand the concept. Definitely recommend Besant Technologies courses to expand your career options.
I completed my course from Besant Technologies. Teaching was good. it was a very nice and quality experience to learn from Besant Technologies. The course is well designed and our trainer was quite experienced and good at presenting the concepts clearly by presenting real time examples.
It was a nice learning experience. Besant Technologies provides hands-on experience with real-time examples that helps in understanding the concepts much easier. The Trainer of this institute had good knowledge. The Instructor guides me to learn the latest things about my course and to get knowledge up to date. Thanks to Besant Technologies.
It was a great experience to get Training in Besant Technologies. The course content prepared by Besant Technologies is extremely inline with real-time client specifications. the staffs were very polite to teach all concepts and making to work on real projects.
Everything about the training was absolutely amazing. The Faculty was able to resolve the queries patiently and provide the additional required information as well. Besant Technologies teams support through its technical or nontechnical the way they respond is just awesome.
Solaris Trainer Profile & Placement
Our SOLARIS Trainers
- More than 10 Years of experience in SOLARIS Technologies
- Has worked on multiple realtime SOLARIS projects
- Working in a top MNC company in Chennai
- Trained 2000+ Students so far
- Strong Theoretical & Practical Knowledge
- certified Professionals
SOLARIS Placement Training in Chennai
- More than 2000+ students Trained
- 98% percent Placement Record
- 950+ Interviews Organized
Besant Technologies Official Branches
Plot No. 119, No.8,
11th Main Rd, Vijaya Nagar,
Tamil Nadu 600042
Old No:146/2- New, No: 48,
Habibullah Rd, T. Nagar,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600017
180/84, 1st Floor,
Karnataka Bank Building,
Trunk Rd,Porur, Chennai,
Tamil Nadu 600116
1st Floor, No.2A
Duraisamy Reddy St,
Near Passport Seva,
Tambaram West, Chennai,
Tamil Nadu 600045
Plot no: 1371,
28th street kambar colony
I Block Anna Nagar West, Behind Reliance Fresh,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600040
22/67, 1st Floor,
North mada street,
Near Valmiki St, Thiruvanmiyur,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600041
5/318, 2nd Floor,
Sri Sowdeswari Nagar,
Old Mahabalipuram Rd,
Tamil Nadu 600097
No.37, Ground Floor,
Maraimalai Nagar, Chennai,
Tamil Nadu 603209
No. 4/76, Ambedkar Street,
OMR Road, Egatoor, Navallur,
Tamil Nadu 600130